Are you interested in learning more about surrogacy but have no idea where to even start? Don’t worry. We’ve provided a basic explanation about what surrogacy is in the space below:
• Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another couple or person. There are two types of surrogacy: traditional and gestational.
• Traditional Surrogacy is where the woman carrying the baby has also provided her eggs. She is genetically related to the baby.
• Gestational Surrogacy is where donors or the IP’s provide eggs and sperm to be cultivated and then the embryos are placed in the surrogate. The surrogate isn’t genetically related to the baby.
• The average cost of having a child via surrogacy is $80K – $120K. At EDSI, we can help you have a child via surrogacy for anywhere from $65K – $100K.
• Most people choose surrogacy for the following reasons: missing or abnormal uterus, multiple pregnancy losses, several failed IVF transfers, potentially life-threatening health risks from pregnancy, unexplained infertility, or same-sex couples.
• States within the United States that are considered to be surrogacy friendly include California, Illinois, Arkansas, and Maryland, among others.
We believe that everyone should enjoy the blessings of parenthood. If you have any questions concerning infertility or surrogacy, please contact us.